[cairo] problem building cairo 1.10.0 for x86_64 on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Andrea Canciani ranma42 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 15:20:00 PDT 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Kevin Layer <layer at franz.com> wrote:
> Alexander Shulgin <alex.shulgin at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I have built cairo-1.10 on Snow Leopard (10.6.4) w/o a problem, both
>>> x64 and i386 variants.  So this might be a problem with your version
>>> of Xcode.  I'd try to check on the Apple developer site if there's any
>>> updates/knwown issues to that.
>
> I'm trying to build a universal binary with macports.  Clearly it
> doesn't work, and the macports guys say it's a cairo problem.  I
> really need a universal binary, and know of no other way to (easily)
> build it.

Can you check if building the i386 and the x86_64 versions separately
and later merging them works?
A good reference on how to merge the two builds is here:

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/technotes/tn2005/tn2137.html#TNTAG3

> Isn't there anything more that can be done?

Please report the technote to the macports guys (and/or crosspost
me to them ;) ).