[cairo] Clipper for Cairo (a different) :)

Mindaugas Kavaliauskas dbtopas at dbtopas.lt
Thu Nov 4 13:11:55 PDT 2010

Hi,

> Subject: [cairo] Clipper for Cairo
>
> Firstly, I'm the author of Clipper (
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/polyclipping/

I was silent for a long time, but this subject and this beginning of the
letter provoked me to write :)

I'm one of developers of Harbour compiler:
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/harbour-project/

Harbour is multiplatform open source compiler that is backward
compatible with Clipper programing language, but has a lot of new
features. Perhaps you do not know Clipper, but you might here about
FoxPro. So, Clipper was a competitor of FoxPro in old DOS times. More:
   http://www.harbour-project.org/
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harbour_(software)

I'm using Cairo to generate .pdf files, and I've added Cairo bindings
for Harbour I year ago. So, if so you are interested in extending list
of supported compilers (cairographics.org/bindings) you are welcome.

Cairo binding is called hbcairo. The source is in
/thunk/harbour/contrib/hbcairo folder of the main Harbour's SVN
repository at SourceForge. So, perhaps the correct link would be just a
link to Harbour project.

Harbour: <a
href="http://sourceforge.org/projects/harbour-project/">hbcairo</a>

Regards,