[cairo] problem building cairo 1.10.0 for x86_64 on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Andrea Canciani ranma42 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 14:35:38 PDT 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Kevin Layer <layer at franz.com> wrote:
> Andrea Canciani <ranma42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Can you check if building the i386 and the x86_64 versions separately
>>> and later merging them works?
>>> A good reference on how to merge the two builds is here:
>>>
>>> http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/technotes/tn2005/tn2137.html#TNTAG3
>
> I wouldn't know how to test the results.  My goal is to build a
> universal dmg for gtk2.

Please try building the archive available here:
http://www.cairographics.org/releases/cairo-1.10.0.tar.gz

It should be as simple as decompressing it and running:
./configure
make

(assuming that you already added macports to the path).
If both these commands run successfully, the problem is likely
in the macports packaging.
If they fail, either your build environment or cairo build configuration
(or both) is broken.
Could you try this way of building cairo?
If it still fails, the "config.log" file might be useful (together with the
error you get in the shell) to understand the problem.

Andrea