[cairo] Cairo GLES2.0 backend

Alexandros Frantzis alexandros.frantzis at linaro.org
Tue Nov 16 06:18:51 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 05:10:23AM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:

> Regarding web support, you should consider openvg as well.

At this point I am considering only OpenGL ES2.0 support, mainly because
I don't have time for both ES2.0 and VG, and ES2.0 support in drivers
for embedded systems seems to be better compared to OpenVG support.

> glMapBuffer/UnmapBuffer are the major offenders, but surely I'm
> overlooking a lot.

There is glMapBufferOES for GLES2 (which seems to be quite standard), so
we can easily solve this with runtime extension detection and support a
fallback to just use a normal glBufferData() code path otherwise.

> Nice to know other people are interested on it =)

I am glad, too :)

Thanks,
Alexandros