[cairo] Problem with PNG file and CAIRO_SCALE

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 07:09:42 PST 2010

My guess is that the source of the problem is explained in the following
quote from the cairo-xlib-surface documentation:

Currently, only TrueColor visuals are fully supported.

which means that you don't have alpha support when drawing. One way of
solving this is to create a second image surface on which you do your
drawing that you then draw to the xlib-surface without any scaling. This
basically means keeping an entire copy of the window as a backstore image
that you then copy to the xlib-surface when needed.

Perhaps someone else can give a better solution.

Regards,
Dov