[cairo] Accented characters and guimette

Nev Delap nev.delap at intelestream.net
Sat Oct 9 01:31:26 PDT 2010

Hi there,

I am using Cairo in a Mono application on Linux where it works perfectly.
I'm running the application on Windows (exact same code running in Mono
still).

My problem is that running on Windows when it either does
context.TextExtents() or context.ShowText() with guillemets or characters
with accents, no subsequent output is producted. It doesn't get an
exception, doesn't write anything to the console, it just doesn't draw
anything more on that context.

This is only on Windows, on Linux no problem.

So, I want to ask is it a known problem, if so, is there any workaround, if
not is there something you can suggest to help me track down something
useful to provide you for debugging? And if I made a minimal Mono
application that works on Linux and shows the problem on Windows would you
be able to use that?

Thanks,

Nev