[cairo] Accented characters and guimette

Nev Delap nev.delap at intelestream.net
Sat Oct 9 10:15:05 PDT 2010

Thanks for your reply justi and maaten.

Justi, a simple context.ShowText("é") or context.ShowText("»"); followed by
any other drawing operations should show it. (If that somehow doesn't
display in the mailing archive that was an e with acute accent and a right
guillemet.)

Maaten, I had read about the "toy" aspect of those calls and the
recommendation to use Pango, but since I'm not doing anything more than
placing text, don't need anything special, I hadn't gone that way, yet. So I
guess I will now.

Thanks guys,

Nev