[cairo] Problem drawing pixbuf

Tobias Hoffmann lcairo-list at thax.hardliners.org
Tue Oct 12 17:42:14 PDT 2010

Hi Krzysztof,
thanks for your response.

Krzysztof Kosiński wrote:
> 2010/10/9 Tobias Hoffmann <lcairo-list at thax.hardliners.org>:
>
>> Any hints?
>>
> Maybe you are not drawing during an expose event?

Both ways (i.e. in expose and direct redrawing) happen in my
application, both lead to the same result. (IIRC I've tried direct
drawing w/ and w/o double buffering.)

Since it works fine both under OS X and Windows, I now think that the
problem is not caused by my code (?).
As I'm not too familiar with cairos internals, what are my chances that
it is caused by:
 a) cairo / pixman    [any there possibly related 'recent'
bugfixes/commits? Or: How 'recent' is debians 1.8.10 -- from your
perspective?]
 a') debian's specific version of cairo
 b) gtk+ / gdk
 c) X-server / X-backend / -surface / ...
[d) some -mm C++-wrapper] ?

Unfortunately I can't easily replace the globally installed version of
any of these libraries without risking to break a lot of important stuff.

Regards,
  Tobias