[cairo] install question

David Ekhaus dekhaus at mac.com
Mon Oct 18 09:21:13 PDT 2010

Hi

	I followed the directions on this page ...

		http://cairographics.org/end_to_end_build_for_mac_os_x/

	in order to install Cairo on mac os x 10.6.   Other than changing some version numbers everything proceeded without any problems.

	The reason I want to install Cairo is because its listed as a dependency of JazzScheme (http://www.jazzscheme.org/installation.htm).    The relevant text is as follows ...

"If you plan on doing GUI development, you will need to install Cairo . On Windows, we precompiled it for you as a DLL so it is already installed. On other systems, you should install it the usual way with your package manager and Jazz will use pkg-config to find the various paths. If you are on Mac OS X, the simplest way to install Cairo is through macports. See the next section for details on installing macports if you don't already have it. With macports installed, installing cairo is easy, simply execute the following command from any terminal: "sudo port install cairo" . Note that on systems that support both binary and development packages you should install the cairo-dev development package."

	My question is simple - how can I confirm that I've installed Cairo properly ?   I don't need to be able to use Cairo in an app that I'm building - I need it to be accessible by an app that someone else has built.

Thanks
Dave