[cairo] Problem creating PDFs without fontconfig

Kaiser Bernhard bernhard.kaiser at wipotec.com
Mon Oct 25 01:09:00 PDT 2010

I'm using cairo 1.4.10 and I have patched cairo using freetype without fontconfig (patch by David Turner) because my software is based on a proprietary operating system.

When I use the PDF backend to create PDF files I have a problem:
I can only create "graphical" PDF files, this means I write glyphs into another cairo surface  and then paint the content of that surface into the PDF surface using cairo_set_source_surface() and cairo_paint().
I also can write glyphs directly into the PDF surface and the PDF file is created by cairo without any error. But if I try to open the PDF file the Acrobat Reader shows an error about the included font and the PDF file is not shown by Acrobat Reader.

If you need an PDF file example, I can send you one per Email.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks
Bernhard

Bernhard Kaiser
Research & Development

Wipotec GmbH
Adam-Hoffmann-Str. 26
67657 Kaiserslautern

T +49.631.34146-0
F +49.631.34146-8640
http://www.wipotec.com

PMMI PackExpo Chicago
Save on cost ? But never on quality
Meet us and our solutions!
31.10. ? 3.11.2010
OCS Checkweighers: North Hall | Stand #4606
Wipotec: Lakeside | Stand #6134

Legal information:
Wipotec Wiege- und Positioniersysteme GmbH
HRB 2317 Kaiserslautern, Management: T. D?ppre, U. Wagner

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.