[cairo] Rendering SVGs in OpenGL

Nathan Hüsken nathan.huesken at posteo.de
Fri Oct 29 14:48:11 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am looking for a library to use Vector Graphics (preferable SVGs) in
games. I wonder if cairo is a good choice.
So I have some questions:

When cairo renders svgs using the OpenGL backend, is the rendering done
using OpenGL calls or is it done in software?
When searching for OpenGL with cairo, I only find this:
http://cairographics.org/OpenGL/
but if I understand correctly, there cairo renders to a texture which is
then used in OpenGL. That is not what I want.

What are the best resources to learn using cairo with OpenGL and SVG?

Thanks!
Nathan