[cairo] Pango AttributesList Question

Travis Griggs travisgriggs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 00:30:46 PDT 2010

The pango functions pango_attr_list_insert () and
pango_attr_list_insert_before () both have documentation that states
"It will be inserted after/before all other attributes with a matching
start_index."

I feel kinda dumb/naive here, but I don't get what the context of
after/before is here. I mean, the Attributes that get added, have a
span, and can intersect/overlap already, so I'm not sure what this
before/after sense would imply, or why I would worry about one over
the other. Is it in case there are ambiguities in an overlap? And
either the earliest or latest takes precedence?

TIA

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist