[cairo] cairo release 1.10.0, upgrade

Alexander Shulgin alex.shulgin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 23:22:05 PDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 21:45, Bill Spitzak <spitzak at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alexander Shulgin wrote:
>
>> 4. ./configure --prefix=$HOME
>>
>> Note that installing to the default /usr/local may break your system,
>> hence the --prefix.
>
> This will not work unless you also set a couple other environment variables,
> due to pkgconfig ignoring --prefix. Sorry I forget what they are right now
> but it has been mentioned several times on this mailing list.

You are right, this won't work on a clean installation.

It's also required to download and build and install the latest pixman
from here: http://cairographics.org/releases/pixman-0.18.4.tar.gz

./configure --prefix=$HOME
make
make install

Then run the following command to install the development files for
various cairo dependencies like libpng, freetype, etc.:

sudo apt-get build-dep cairo

Finally

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$HOME/lib/pkgconfig ./configure --prefix=$HOME

to pick up the newly built and installed pixman.

After that it should compile nicely.

--
Alex