[cairo] Deprecate cairo_rectangle_list_t?

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at daimi.au.dk
Wed Sep 15 09:06:57 PDT 2010

Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> writes:

> Also, personally I wouldn't mind seeing cairo_region_get_rectangles() that
> returns a pointer to the internally-owned rectangle array (which would be only
> valid as long as the region is not modified).

A problem with that is that the regions use boxes internally (with x1,
y1, x2, y2 coordinates), not rectangles. So either the rectangles
would be in newly allocated memory, or a new box type would have to be
exported.

The boxes thing is part of the pixman ABI, so it can't really be
changed until the pixman ABI is changed.

Soren