[cairo] Serialization

Talguy talguy385 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 11:05:08 PDT 2010

I have a interface data structure consisting of a list of objects of the
graphical elements that I manipulate on the screen.  The objects are gauges
that update with new data 30 times a second.  To help speedup startup time
of the program I would like to be able to serialize this data structure and
store it on the disk and then read it back in to the last state of the
interface.  My question is how would I serialize the image surfaces,
transformation matrics and other cairomm classes that I use in my program.