[cairo] [cairo-commit] 2 commits - configure.ac

Benjamin Otte otte at redhat.com
Thu Sep 16 04:01:25 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 17:52 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> As if your response helps...

No, I'm just annoyed to be told off by someone that hasn't maintained
his code for years and now appears and tries to tell me off.

In particular, because you treat me like I'm too stupid to understand
what I'm doing and am just a random idiot. And you should have realized
in the last 5+ years that I'm not out there to intentionally break
software you wrote.

I do think we'd be way better off if we had rewritten the build system
to be less smart instead of trying to keep it working _and_ being flamed
on the list by you when we hacked around it because we didn't know how
it worked and you weren't available to help. The bus factor for build/*
is very close to 0 these days...

> If I understand the issue correctly, you are saying that the output of
> 'pkg-config --* gobject' has changed.  Well, the configure cache does not
> handle that case *by design*.

No, the problem is that I have CFLAGS and LIBS in
CAIRO_ENABLE_FUNCTIONS() that should not end up in the pkgconfig file,
and there's no variable that handles those, puts them in the cache
properly and sets up the Makefiles properly for them. So I just added
them as GOBJECT_CFLAGS/LIBS myself. Now of course, when configure hits
the cache it will not set these variables. So I just added a hack to set
them anyway.

Benjamin