[cairo] Cairo roadmap

Krzysztof Kosiński tweenk.pl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 16:27:29 PDT 2010

W dniu 27 września 2010 23:42 użytkownik Andrea Canciani
<ranma42 at gmail.com> napisał:
>> 1. Floating point coordinates in Pixman.
> Do you mean in the API? Or for internal computations?

Both are required to avoid the rendering corruptions seen with large gradients.

>> 2. Gradient precision improvements.
> I have a couple of branches improving them:
> - http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ranma42/pixman/log/?h=wip/radial-float2
>  (almost ready for merge, I would just like some benchmarking on
>  non-x86_64 architectures)
> - http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ranma42/pixman/log/?h=wip/linear2
>  (it probably won't compile on 32 bits architectures, as it uses int128_t.
>  I'm working on getting wide-ints (and atomics etc etc) from cairo in pixman,
>  but there is still some work to do)

Yes, I had those improvements in mind. If they were made to compile on
32bit, they would be sufficient. However, they might become redundant
if 1 is implemented (though probably in reality the internal real type
should be specified at compile time, so both integer and
floating-point versions of Pixman could be built from the same
source).

Regards, Krzysztof