[cairo] Help needed using different fonts

Deepak Kumar JAIN deepak19dec at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 01:32:13 PDT 2011

Hello All,

I am new to Cairo Graphics. I heard about cairoGraphics from a developer at
SHARP labs.

I am developing a text manipulation plugin which do several things like
underline, strikeout text, etc.

But I want to write the text in different fints like Times new Roman,  Arial
, Courier, etc depending on what user prefers. These fonts will be input by
the user and then on the basis of input by user, I have to write a text on
the image.  But I am not able to write the text with Times New Roman.
I am using pango_font_description_from_string(FONT) where FONT is defined as
#define FONT "Arial 27". It works for Arial but when I try to use Times New
Roman, it says
*" Pango Warning" couldn't load font Times ", falling back to "Sans not
Rotaed 27" , expect ugly output.
*
Please help me in this regard by suggesting how should I proceed?

Thanks,

Deepak JAIN

--

Thanks & Regards,
Deepak Kumar JAIN

"*I err therefore I am *"- Saint Augustine