[cairo] build cairo on Mac OS X Leopard

Prashant Saxena animator333 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 04:49:42 PST 2011

Hi,

Leopard 10.5.5 Intel
python 2.6.6 universal
wxpython 2.8.11.0 universal

I am completely new on Mac. In order to build and use cairo with pycairo I am
following instructions at here:

http://cairographics.org/end_to_end_build_for_mac_os_x/

Before I proceed I would like to know few things:

1. If I produce cairo libs using "-arch ppc -arch i386" flags only, is it going
to support x86_64 platform? or I have to use "-arch x86_64" flag also. The idea
is that lib should be supported on all architecture (32/64 Intel/PPC)

2. After building libpng and pixman, how do I produce static cairo lib?
(combined libpng, zlib and cairo together)
I have to add a flag for static building but my c/c++ skills are limited...:-(

cd ${BuildDir}/cairo
./configure --prefix=${BuildDir} --disable-xlib --disable-ft
--disable-dependency-tracking
make
make install

Thanks