[cairo] Cairo text anti-aliasing

cooolheater cooolheater at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 01:19:56 PST 2011

I tested about how anti-alias options affect text drawing performance.

I used cairo_font_options_set_antialias and  CAIRO_ANTIALIAS_NONE,
CAIRO_ANTIALIAS_GRAY, CAIRO_ANTIALIAS_SUBPIXEL.

But measured time of  drawing text for CAIRO_ANTIALIAS_NONE
& CAIRO_ANTIALIAS_GRAY was almost same!

I think these options affect CGContextSetShouldAntialias,
CGContextSetShouldSmoothFonts, but I can't find definitions of these
functions.

If CGContextSetShouldAntialias, CGContextSetShouldSmoothFonts are set to
TRUE/FALSE, are they affect to performance much?