[cairo] Cairo, GtkDrawingArea, and buffer

Xi Yang jiandingzhe at 163.com
Sat Feb 26 21:50:01 PST 2011

Hi, everyone!
I want to have a customized widget, and I decided to use GtkDrawingArea and Cairo together.

However, each time the GtkDrawingArea is resized or uncovered, it needs to be redrawed. I don't want to perform the Cairo drawing at each exposure_event, as my drawing procedure is pretty complicated.

I need a buffer which the cairo_t would build on. At each exposure_event, I just need to copy the buffer to the GtkDrawingArea. So how can I achieve that? Which classes should I use?

Thanks!