[cairo] pycairo record surface

Sam Tygier samtygier at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 02:02:47 PDT 2011

Hi

I previously asked about finding the extents of a drawing and was told to use the recording surface, added in cairo 1.10. Since then pycairo 1.10.0 has been released, but it still does not have a recording surface in it. Will it be added to a future version, or is there another method to measure extents.

Also it seems that a lot of python bindings are switching to gobject introspection. cairo seems to have some gi, for example I can do:
 >>> from gi.repository import cairo
but then i can't do anything useful. Is this porting only partly done. Will there be a full migration in the future?

Thanks

Sam