[cairo] CoreText and Cairo

Travis Griggs travisgriggs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 18:01:49 PST 2011

I've been playing with CoreText for text layout on OSX. And I of course am a big Cairo fan. I'd like to play with marrying the two. Can someone give me a high level road map of what would have to happen to marry the two? CoreText boils down to CTRun structures which give access to things like glyphs and positions. I'm curious what APIs I'd have to add to Cairo (and what I should parrot them off of), and what existing APIs I would use.

TIA

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist