[cairo] From China: About 2.5D transform

Maarten Bosmans mkbosmans at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 03:49:27 PDT 2011

2011/10/9 唐博 <hitiger.2008 at yahoo.com.cn>:
> Good afternoon:
>     How can I use cairo lib achieve 2.5D effect ?

Can you explain what you want to achieve in more detail?
With 2.5D I always understood having multiple flat layers stacked on
top of eachother. This is of course exactly what Cairo does.

> I want to use affine transform, but I don't know how to set the matrix's param.

http://cairographics.org/manual/cairo-Transformations.html

If you want a perspective transform (which is not affine), then that's
currently not possible to do with Cairo. It is possible in pixman and
I proposed some patches to cairo to expose that functionality, but
those where met with complaints about the API. I haven't revisited
those.

Maarten