[cairo] cairo_gstate_t?

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Mon Oct 10 03:31:23 PDT 2011

On Sat, 8 Oct 2011 21:40:33 +0200, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer at gmx.de> wrote:
> I would highly welcome that addition to cairo. This is the interface we need for GNUstep to easily implement the display Postscript interface we need to provide. Up to now we needed to work around this restrictin by adding a rather ugly and inefficent layer ourselves.

I am a little wary of exposing what I consider an internal
implementation detail of Cairo. More so now that we have opportunities
for semi-native backends that may not be using cairo_gstate_t in their
fast paths.

Can we have a bit of discussion on the concrete use-cases people have
for a named gstate?
-Chris