[cairo] Installing Cairo for MapNik

Ben Crane curtly.boon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 01:15:33 PDT 2011

Hey all,

I've been looking at writing data out to SVG using the Cairo
extension/add-on and am having a couple problems with it.

The biggest problem is confusion as to how to add this to Python / MapNik

I am running MapNik (manual install) / Python 2.6 on Windows 7 and it's
working fine - but I keep hearing about Cairo and pyCairo and finding the
installation information mostly geared towards *nix. Can anyone help me
understand what I need to do to install the libs so I can get Cairo working
? I am relatively new to MapNik/Python but have a little knowledge *always a
dangerous thing*.

I have posted to the MapNik site with a similar question but haven't heard
for a while so spreading the net wider in hope.

Many thanx,