[cairo] Cairo and non-PNG Media

robertk54 at aol.com robertk54 at aol.com
Mon Oct 31 06:36:35 PDT 2011

I posted this to the GTK list but got no replies, hoping someone here could help . . .

I have an application which currently uses Cairo and Pango.  Cairo is working on an RGB image buffer I provide.  I use Cairo and Pango to overlay text and images on this buffer.  Cairo has built-in support for PNG but nothing else.  I also need to be able to specify a file URI, not just a local file name / path.  I have seen postings about using Devil but this does not appear to be part of the Windows GTK binary.  My application is targeted to Linux and Windows so I need a solution which works for both.  Question is, what is the correct way of supporting other media types like JPEG for my scenario?

Thanks,
Bob