[cairo] How to build without librsvg, libspectre, poppler

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Mon Apr 9 04:57:50 PDT 2012

On 09.04.2012 12:29, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello, I'm the maintainer of cairo in MacPorts. Since upgrading to 1.12, some users have reported build failures because of libraries cairo is using that I did not expect it to use.
>
> Cairo in MacPorts currently expects the following dependencies:
>
> $ port -q deps cairo
> Build Dependencies:   pkgconfig
> Library Dependencies: libpixman, glib2, fontconfig, freetype, libpng, zlib, expat, xrender, xorg-xcb-util
>
> But we have users reporting that it's also using librsvg, libspectre and poppler.
>
> How do I inform the cairo build process not to use those libraries? "configure --help" does not show any obvious switches.
>
> Or, why would I want cairo to use those libraries?
>
> librsvg is particularly puzzling; how can cairo be using librsvg, when librsvg itself uses cairo? That's a circular dependency, something MacPorts cannot accommodate.

Hi,

librsvg seems to be needed for the SVG backend's test suite. There doesn't seem
to be an obvious switch to disable that, but since it's only the test suite that
uses this, is that really a problem?
As a hack, the following might work:
  ./configure ac_cv_func_rsvg_pixbuf_from_file=no

The story with libspectre seems to be similar. This one is used for the ps
backend's tests. For this one, I didn't find a hack like the above. Again, what
is the problem with this? The test suite doesn't get installed, does it?

Finally we got poppler. This is needed for the PDF backend's tests. The hack to
disable this would be
  ./configure ac_cv_func_poppler_page_render=no

I hope this makes it clear why cairo uses these libraries. However, I'd still
like to know what symptoms you see that makes these a problem.

Uli
--
Bitte nicht mit dem verbleibenden Auge in den Laser gucken.
 - Vincent Ebert