[cairo] How to build without librsvg, libspectre, poppler

Ryan Schmidt cairo-2012b at ryandesign.com
Thu Apr 12 06:24:07 PDT 2012

On Apr 10, 2012, at 04:56, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2012, at 06:57, Uli Schlachter wrote:
>
>> On 09.04.2012 12:29, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>> Hello, I'm the maintainer of cairo in MacPorts. Since upgrading to 1.12, some users have reported build failures because of libraries cairo is using that I did not expect it to use.

>> librsvg seems to be needed for the SVG backend's test suite. There doesn't seem
>> to be an obvious switch to disable that, but since it's only the test suite that
>> uses this, is that really a problem?

> The architecture(s) for which the user is building cairo is not necessarily the same as the architecture(s) for which librsvg, libspectre, or poppler were already installed. When it isn't, the build will fail with an architecture mismatch.

The simplest way I found to disable ghostscript was to add the configure arg ac_cv_prog_GS="":

https://trac.macports.org/changeset/91883/trunk/dports/graphics/cairo

The simplest way I found to disable librsvg, libspectre and poppler was to edit the configure script and change LIBRSVG_VERSION_REQUIRED, SPECTRE_VERSION_REQUIRED and POPPLER_VERSION_REQUIRED to artificially high numbers:

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/graphics/cairo/files/patch-configure.diff?rev=91886