[cairo] Rel. 1.12 - quartz surface on IOS

Andrea Canciani ranma42 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 12:37:34 PDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Travis Griggs <travisgriggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 29, 2012, at 1:42 AM, Andrea Canciani wrote:
>
> Sorry, I don't have much time to work on this (I'm quite busy with
> other things right now and I'm trying to use my cairo-time to fix
> quartz... as you might have noticed 1.12 shipped with multiple crashes
> in the test suite).
> Could you add a build guide for iOS to the wiki?
> I will install the iOS SDK and try to build Cairo for iOS if you can
> provide me with some guidance on how to do that (what about pixman?).
> This should make it possible for me to test the changes you've
> suggested and to check if any other fixes are needed in future.
>

> Andrea, thanks for all of your excellent work on the OSX aspects of Cairo. I
> really really appreciate them.
>
> Can you elaborate any more about those crashes? On OSX, I get crashes when
> trying to display mesh gradients on a quartz surface. But other traditional
> source types (solid colors, gradients) seem to work fine. We do an
> interesting dance between Cairo and our VM for quartz surfaces, so when it
> dies, I always have to wonder. But now I'm wondering if these are perhaps
> known issues already.

I fixed some of the issues of quartz surfaces in this branch:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ranma42/cairo/log/?h=wip/map-quartz

It's still work in progress because some more cleanup is needed and
because the interaction with recording surfaces is still broken, but
it does not crash anymore the testsuite.

Would you be able to provide a trace or a reduced testcase that
crashes cairo-quartz using mesh gradients?

Sorry for the delay

Andrea