[cairo] cairo Digest, Vol 81, Issue 12

Roger Davis rbd at soest.hawaii.edu
Fri Apr 13 11:49:54 PDT 2012

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012, cairo-request at cairographics.org wrote:

> Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:42:59 -0500
> From: Ryan Schmidt <cairo-2012b at ryandesign.com>
> Subject: [cairo] Undefined symbols

> As an aside, the log shows over 1500 warnings of the form "implicit
> conversion from enumeration type ... to different enumeration type",
> along with this uninitialized variable warning:

Hi Ryan,

The newest Apple Xcode for Lion appears to be *way* more effusive with
warnings like this (and others). I had to spend a good amount of time
cleaning up my own code packages after upgrading my laptop's MacOS a few
weeks ago. Most of these warnings are very likely safe to ignore, but it
did find a few more questionable items that my gcc and Solaris compilers
have never flagged.

Roger Davis
Univ. of Hawaii