[cairo] Want to find the file in Cairo that can convert a doc into ps(postscript) format

Dominic Lachowicz domlachowicz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 03:32:41 PDT 2012

AbiWord can convert DOCs to PS or PDF using Cairo. It's available from
the command-line.

It's a very complex process, because you not only need to parse the
DOC (whose format isn't terribly well documented), but then lay out
the various semantic bits (tables, lists, paragraphs, columns, images,
...), and then render that layout somehow.

Cairo is great for the last part. It isn't a layout engine, though.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 6:13 AM, suzuki toshiya
<mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Do you want Cairo to parse your word document?
> If you mean Microsoft Word, with .doc or .docx suffix,
> Cairo does not do.
>
> Regards,
> mpsuzuki
>
> Ankit Jain wrote:
>> I believe there is some library or utility in cairo that generates a .ps file. I want to find that library and want to re-use it to generate a .ps file from my word document.
>> I don't have much idea on cairo, please tell me what I am trying to do is practically possible through cairo or not?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ankit

"I like to pay taxes. With them, I buy civilization." --  Oliver Wendell Holmes