[cairo] Question on Cairo installation error

Nurman S shibusencha at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 01:36:03 PDT 2012

Hello all,

First time joining the mailing list. Have a problem with the cairo
installation and would like to seek some advice.

This is for linux platform.

I installed pixman (0.26.0) without problem.
I also ran command 'export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig'. It
seemed to fix the error on not being able to locate pixman during cairo's
./configure phase.
For the cairo installation (latest version - 1.12.2), I ran ./configure
then make. I got the following error:

cairo-xlib-source.c: In function 'color_source':
cairo-xlib-source.c:424: error: implicit declaration of function
'XRenderCreateSolidFill'
cairo-xlib-source.c:424: warning: nested extern declaration of
'XRenderCreateSolidFill'
make[3]: *** [cairo-xlib-source.lo] Error 1

What is the cause of the above error? Do I need to install any other
packages prior?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Nurm