[cairo] Reducing GL context switches

Martin Robinson mrobinson at igalia.com
Mon Aug 6 09:52:39 PDT 2012

On 03/07/2012 09:47 PM, Martin Robinson wrote:
>> https://github.com/mrobinson/cairo/tree/reduce-context-switches

> I've updated this branch (needs to be re-pulled completely) with some
> bug fixes and collapsing cairo_glx_device_set_thread_aware and
> cairo_egl_device_set_thread_aware, into simply
> cairo_gl_device_set_thread_aware.

I've updated one of my patches in the branch with the following change:
The commit "gl: Intelligently release the context" no longer makes the
previous GL context current when releasing a GL device. Instead, if the
previous GL context was the same as the one controlled by the GL device,
releasing will not call glXMakeCurrent/eglMakeCurrent.

I haven't heard any objections to these patches for months, so I plan on
committing them, if no one objects to the new branch.

--Martin