[cairo] pycairo for cairo 1.2.4?

Raphael Clifford drraph at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 13:44:37 PDT 2012

I would like to use python-igraph 0.6 on a rhel machine where I don't
have root and that only has cairo 1.2.4 installed. I tried to install
a newer cairo in my home directory, which then needed a new pixman too
but failed as I couldn't work out how to point cairo to the right
place for it to find what it needed.

Is it possible to find a version of pycairo (+ source) that works with
cairo 1.2.4?  (And will it work with python-igraph?)

If not, can someone give me an idiot's guide to installing a newer
cairo and all its dependencies when you don't have root?

Thanks very much.

Raphael