[cairo] utf8 text rendering on iOS

Dominic Lachowicz domlachowicz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 11:08:48 PST 2012

The cairo_show_text() function call is part of what the cairo
designers call the "toy" text API. It is convenient for short demos
and simple programs, but it is not expected to be adequate for serious
text-using applications.

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 1:55 PM, cu <cairouser at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>  I seem to have an issue rendering utf8 text using Cairo + freetype
> backend on iOS/iPhone. Fonts are loaded correctly and ASCII text renders
> correctly using appropriate font. Any utf8 glyphs are replaced by empty
> square. Does anyone have an insight into this issue? Where do I even
> begin digging?
> --

"I like to pay taxes. With them, I buy civilization." --  Oliver Wendell Holmes