[cairo] How can I find real FAIL in result of cairo-test-suite?

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 00:57:38 PST 2012

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 04:53:03 +0000 (GMT), Deokjin Kim <deokjin81.kim at samsung.com> wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> When I tested image backend with ttf-dejavu font files, I still had many failures.
>     376 Passed, 62 Failed [0 crashed, 12 expected], 25 Skipped
> For reference, below is the result of test base compositor.
>     400 Passed, 38 Failed [0 crashed, 5 expected], 25 Skipped
> I want to know which test case is real FAIL(caused by cairo itself).
>
> For example, I have tested with a1-bug.
> As I know, image which is produced by image compositor is compared with a1-bug.ref.png.
> Then a1-bug.ref.png file is made by what kind of compositor? (Do you make reference images using test base compositor?)

No, reference images are made by the image backend. These are manually
compared to the output of the base compositor which are generated using
the test-base surface and stored as test/reference/*.base.*.ref.png

> When I checked git log, you updated reference images sometimes.

The reference images are changed whenever we change the algorithms (and
for tracking external factors) since they almost always introduce some
sampling variation and we use a zero acceptance tolerance for the image
backend.

> Please explain your environment for reference images.

For a1-bug, pixman-0.24.0-32-g46fc4eb using mmx/sse2.
-Chris