[cairo] Linker Errors when compiling cairomm

Matthias Neuhaus matthias.neuhaus at cs.tu-dortmund.de
Wed Jul 4 15:59:38 PDT 2012

Hi,

i am stuck in the following situation: i compiled cairo as described on
the page (http://cairographics.org/download/, Building On Windows
(Mozilla Build Environment flavor)), as a static library both in debug
and release configuration. After that, i wanted to compile cairomm: i
put in the paths to cairo and libsigc++, but i always get 267 Linker
errors (unresolved externals). For me it looks like the cairomm doesn't
work with the static library alone, but it needs the dll too.

I also tried to compile it the way described on this page
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/85622/how-to-compile-cairo-for-visual-c-2008-express-edition.
By following that guide i succeeded building cairomm in release, and
also with all the dependencies dynamically linked. But the problem is, i
can't get it build in debug configuration, and so debugging my own
applications that are using cairomm doesn't work.

Can anyone please give me any advice how to get cairo + cairomm compiled
in debug and release mode? Or is it possible that i can use the release
configuration of cairomm, while my program is built in debug mode?

Regards
Matthias