[cairo] create_surface_for_cg_context behavior in Cairo 1.9 vs. 1.12

cu cairouser at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 09:13:53 PDT 2012

Will test it out in the next few days. What environment are you
building/testing it on? I.e. iOS version/SDK/device? I am building cairo
libraries and application against iOS/iOSSimulator SDK 5.0 with minimum
iOS version set to 4.0 (or 4.3 - it doesn't make any difference here).

I am getting the same behavior both on actual iOS device and on the iOS
simulator, which makes it somewhat easier to test. There is nothing
particular about the context. The context is created as shown with
UIGraphicsGetCurrentContext(). It refers to a view, which is a subclass
of UIView with a custom drawRect, whose only purpose is to dump cairo
image surface contents to screen. The function is called from within
drawRect handler.

I.e.:

- (void) drawRect:(CGRect)_rect
{
   CGContextRef cgref = UIGraphicsGetCurrentContext();
   // the rest of the code goes here...
}