[cairo] Cairo performance testing with X11 forwarding

Patrick Wilbur patrick.wilbur at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 15:46:13 PDT 2012

Hey all,

I'm new to cairo-perf-trace. I'm trying to benchmark ssh -X forwarding
versus a local X server using the traces in the benchmark/ directory (from
the traces repository).

Over ssh -X, cairo-perf-trace chromium-tabs.trace seemed to work and
terminate fine. The evolution.trace seems to hang (gave it an hour to
complete, but it didn't finish). The firefox traces also seem to hang. I'm
running on Ubuntu 12.04.

Any reasons you can think of that this is happening? (Also, any reasons why
this isn't a good benchmark and, if so, what would be the best way to
accomplish what I'm trying to test?)

Thanks,
Pat Wilbur

http://pdub.net