[cairo] Apply / Composite smaller PNGs onto large background PNG?

Jim Norton jimnorton at jimnorton.org
Wed Jun 13 09:34:27 PDT 2012

I'm somewhat new to GTK and very new to Cairo. I've been tasked to
create an application that needs to take a PNG as a background and
composite multiple PNG files that contains letters and numbers onto
the background PNG so that I end up with a single PNG that can then be
transformed, rotated, scaled etc. Any hints, tutorials, code samples
that I might find useful? As is the case with GTK, the Cairo
documentation appears somewhat lacking for a beginner trying to do
something more complex than drawing shapes.

Thanks all.