[cairo] Cairo performance testing with X11 forwarding

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Jun 13 10:00:33 PDT 2012

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:44:04 -0400, Patrick Wilbur <patrick.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
> First, thank you very much for your reply.
>
> Hmm. I am using ssh -X to access a KVM virtual machine from the host
> system. Could Ubuntu 11.10 Desktop (my host system) have a different
> library version than Ubuntu 12.04 Server (my VM)? My VM also doesn't have X
> installed, but it has various libraries installed due to installing several
> GUI apps--if lacking a library, would that affect anything and would the
> benchmarks fail silently?

The benchmarks won't run at all unless all of its prequisites are
installed, so it would seem like that isn't the issue. Look at what is
happening during the runs to see whether the test is CPU bound or if the
communication has been disrupted. Hopefully, it is CPU bound as then
finding the offending bottleneck will be a lot easier; otherwise there
is a bug in the stack causing the requests to go missing.
-Chris