[cairo] Documentation on cairo backend

Cleo Saulnier csaulnier at caris.com
Mon Jun 25 04:47:39 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to find documentation on backend API/interfaces
(cairo_surface_backend_t) when implementing a new backend surface.
Specifically, what functions are required and which ones use fallback as
well as documentation on the functions and parameters. Of special
interest, is it possible to return a custom image surface type with
surface_acquire_dest_image (and source_image)? Or must it be
specifically a cairo_image_surface_t instead of my own surface?

I did look at existing backend source code and did find documentation on
various operations used in compositing, but not much else. Any
information would be appreciated.

Thank you,