[cairo] xara-cairo

ed44 ed44 at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 7 18:14:21 PDT 2012

On 10/07/2012 01:18 AM, Eric Radman wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> Great work on xara-cairo. Using a copy of your git repo I made a number
> of changes that enable it to build on Ubuntu 12, Debian 6.0, FreeBSD 9.0
> and OpenBSD 5.1.
>
> https://github.com/eradman/xara-cairo

Hi Eric,

I'm pleasantly surprised to see xara-cairo back and on github !

The last changes I made, after putting it up on a gitserver, were adding
path-combining/clipping and some better shadows, but that got lost due
to a disk-fail.
I had a lot of other things on my mind end 2010, start 2011 and i didn't
look
at it anymore untill last night .

You did quite some work.

> Other changes include
>
> * Adapted to libpng-1.5
> * Don't print memory warnings for platforms without malloc_usable_size(3)
> * Compile with -Wno-write-strings
> * Use stdlib.h instead of malloc.h on BSD systems
> * Removed stale project files for XCode and Visual Studio
> * Patched to allow wxWidgets and glib2 to coexist
> * Compile on gcc 4.6 without -fpermissive
> * Removed conflicting jconfig.h to enable builds against libjpeg-turbo
> * Reduced source line count by 142k using a concise Copyright and GPLv2 notice
> * Build no longer requires svn and unzip
> * No more splash screen
> * Exclude files from the repo that are auto-generated or copied
>
> Have you met anyone else who is interested in continuing development

Yes, but that was 2010. I'll have to dig in the archives of this list
to get more info.

I'll send you a mail to your private mailaddress in a few days,
to not burden this list, and  give you some more details.

Regards,
Ed.