[cairo] Applying to a surface the alpha of other

Carlos López González genetita at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 22:48:13 PDT 2012

Hi Krzysztof,
thank you for the code sample to perform the bit operations on the
pixel. I already was aware about how to manipulate them, thanks to the
help of this cairo mailing list.

I guess that the reason to sum a/2 is to do a rounded up operation on
the result. Is there any kind of convention on that? If I were done
the code my self I would just do:
 r = (255 * r ) / a;
So I guess that the internals of Cairo does the rounding up operation
when receive a color by its components. Is that true or is there
anything else hidden on that code?

Regarding to my problem, in case I would use direct pixel manipulation
I would do all the operations in that level so instead of set the
alpha result to 0xff000000 I would use the value from the other
surface, that is what I want.

In any case thank you very much.

Regards

--