[cairo] 1.12.2 -> 1.12.4 upgrade breakage

Thomas Klausner wiz at NetBSD.org
Thu Oct 18 04:11:07 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:25:24PM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Try http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xscope/

I've tried version 1.3.1 of this, with

$ xauth list | grep '/unix:0' | while read display proto cookie; do xauth add ${display%0}1 $proto $cookie; don

to set the cookies properly so I even get a connection, but in my
pre-tests with "xterm" as client, the xterm process hangs before even
an xterm appears. Last line of xscope output is

 0.02: Client -->   76 bytes
         ............REQUEST: OpenFont
                     font-id: FNT 01c00012
                        name: "-Misc-Fixed-bold-R-*-*-18-120-100-100-C-90-ISO10646-1"
         ............REQUEST: QueryFont
                        font: FTB 01c00012

I've also found a report of xscope hangs at


More information about the cairo mailing list