[cairo] Calling push_group on unbounded cairo recording surface

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Fri Oct 19 04:53:01 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 08.10.2012 12:58, Daniel Kłobuszewski wrote:
> I have an unbounded cairo recording surface, on which I want to draw.
> Unforntunately, when I start to use cairo_push_group, my whole drawing
> is gone (ie. cairo_recording_surface_ink_extents gives me only 0s).
[...]

In _cairo_default_gstate_push_group there is a comment about this. Unbounded
groups apparently were never implemented. The attached patch/hack fixes this.
However, it assumes that only recording surfaces are unbounded, which is (half)
incorrect.

Ideas? Adding a new member to cairo_backend_t for this feels wrong.

(Also, the current code uses an uninitialized "cairo_rectangle_int_t extents"
for unbounded surfaces. I guess it is just luck that this results in an 0x0 surface)

Cheers,
Uli
--
"Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies"
 - 79th Rule of Acquisition