[cairo] cairo 1.12.4 and 1.12.6 fail to build on OSX 10.6.8

Thomas Klausner wiz at NetBSD.org
Wed Oct 31 06:38:27 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 01:22:57PM +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:
> > I've added these patches to pkgsrc to get further in the build
> > breakage on NetBSD-5[1], but this breaks startup of firefox and others on
> > NetBSD-6 with:
> > assertion "!"reached"" failed: file "cairo-xlib-surface-shm.c", line 58,
> > function "_cairo_xlib_surface_put_shm"
>
> Thanks, that was a mistake on part thinking that it wouldn't be called
> if we never succeeded in getting a shm surface.
>
> > The programs work fine with cairo-1.12.6 + the "Xorg"-recognition fix
> > but without those patches.
>
> Right, this is worrying as we know believe that we can't enable SHM on
> your system. Can you please attach the config.log?

Attached. Thinking some more about it, I noticed that I hadn't
supplied a new config.h.in with the three new symbols, so the
configure check's output couldn't propagate to the source code. I'm
sorry, I think this is just a local problem due to this error.

A short test later: yes, patching config.h.in gets rid of this issue.
Sorry again about the wrong error report.

> >  Thomas
> >
> > [1] The build on NetBSD-5 later fails with
> >     CC     cairo-gl-device.lo
> >   cairo-gl-device.c: In function '_cairo_gl_context_init':
> >   cairo-gl-device.c:285: error: 'GL_MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> Looks like we need to be testing for a recent enough version of glext.h
> before allowing the gl backend to be built. You will need to be careful
> to use --enable-gl=auto if you want to use the same pkg script and not
> have configure error out if it cannot build GL when passed --enable-gl.

So the simple fix is to --disable-gl on systems with too old MesaLib
like NetBSD-5 and lose some speed (anything else?)?
 Thomas