[cairo] problem with export of eps

matthew venn matt at mattvenn.net
Mon Sep 3 08:21:46 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to find a work around for a bug that I think is in libcairo. It
happens when I use inkscape on the command line on a certain computer. I
have posted a bug on the inkscape tracker here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1045009?comments=all

The weird thing is that in a valid svg file one of the following is
exported, and the other isn't.

<path d="M18,98 L 30 99" id="bust" />
<path d="M18,98 L 30 100" id="works" />

The export seems to always works on ubuntu 10.04, and 11.something (sorry
I'll have to look it up). It doesn't work on the computer running 10.10.
The library packages on that computer are these:

libcairo2_1.10.0-1ubuntu3_i386.deb
libcairo2-dev_1.10.0-1ubuntu3_i386.deb

If anyone has an idea for a workaround, that would be appreciated! I'm not
able to update the computer to a new ubuntu as it's a web server running a
lot of stuff!

Matt

--
Matthew Venn