[cairo] help building cairo on windows

Cosmin Apreutesei cosmin.apreutesei at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 07:04:21 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have to build cairo on windows because I want to use the recording
surface and I can't find binaries above 1.10 anywhere on the net (till
now I have used the binaries from GTK but these are old and the
recording surface doesn't work with those).

Trying to build pixman with:

> make CFG=debug -f Makefile.win32

gives me:

pixman-mmx.c(545) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'type'

and then 100 syntax errors like that (other c files compile ok until
the mmx one).

The sources were pulled today from git. The environment is VSE2008.
make is 3.81 from mingw (I also had to throw in pkg-config binaries +
dependencies from GTK).

I also tried to build the latest pixman (0.26.2) with the same command
but it failed with:

Entering directory `/x/work/pixman-0.26.2/test'
Makefile.win32: No such file or directory

I also tried building with mozilla-build from the mingw bash prompt,
with the same results.

So what's the best (preferably from cmdline) way to build pixman and
cairo under windows? And which is the best version? The release or the
git one?

Btw, if anyone has an up-to-date cairo.dll that would work for me too.